1tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Red Onion (roughly sliced)
200g Smoked Bacon (roughly chopped)
2 Pheasant Breasts (cut into small chunks)
2 Grouse Breasts (chopped into small chunks)
2tsp Plain Flour
250g Chestnut Mushrooms (roughly sliced)
2 Leeks (roughly sliced)
100ml White Wine
150ml Single Cream
320g Puff Pastry (remove from the fridge
10 minutes before use)
1 Egg (beaten)
1. Preheat the oven to 180’c
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry off the onion. Cook until golden and soft.
3. Add the bacon, pheasant and grouse into the pan and cook until the meat gains a little colour
4. Mix in flour in with the meat and add the vegetables. Cook the vegetables until soft and slightly golden. Pour the wine into the pan and season to taste.
5. Bring the pan to a light simmer and pour in the single cream. Simmer until the sauce has reduced by half.
6. Fill a pie dish with the mixture and place the puff pastry on top and brush over the beaten egg
7. Place the pie dish in the oven for 35 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden brown
8. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving